Thursday, December 11, 2008

Visions of Paradise

I recently entered a photography competition. The theme for the contest was Visions of Paradise. The rules for the contest are pretty simple, everyone involved is supposed to photograph things that to them represents a Vision of Paradise. You don't win money but if your image is picked it may get published in a book. The other big rule is that when you enter a photo you have to write why you feel this image is a vision of paradise to you. There are some other minor rules that would just make this blog post boring so I am going to leave them out. The following images are the ones that I have submitted to date. I will write what I wrote about the images below each image. I may not remember what I wrote word for word but you will get the idea. If you are reading this please respond to this blog and let me know what you think of the images.



For each image I wrote something like this.
I shot this image while hiking early one morning in my favorite part of Ohio. As the sun came up I noticed that the sun was filtering through the leaves and highlighting the fog giving the woods a surreal look. That is why this image is to me a Vision of Paradise.



I shot this image while traveling in California. I came across this pier just as the sun was setting. The sun setting over the horizon, the blue ocean waters and the colorful sky are what makes this image a Vision of Paradise to me.



I shot this image while traveling in California. My children were having fun playing in the ocean surf. Any place that allows children to have carefree fun is to me a true Vision of Paradise.



I took this image while traveling in Jamaica. The palm trees in the foreground and the rays of light from the setting sun lighting the sky to me is a Vision of Paradise.



I took this image while traveling in Jamaica. This image of the sun setting over the mountains of Jamaica giving the sky a beautiful orange glow with a sailboat gracefully sailing by in the blue ocean water is to me a Vision of Paradise.
Don't forget, let me know what you think of these images.

Photoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire