Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas this year. I am sitting at my parents house as my kids argue over who gets to play the wii. My parents got the kids a wii system last year and this year she got my wife a wii fit. The kids also received some wii games and everyone wants to play the wii at the same time. My wife hasn't had a chance to play yet. We typically have lunch at my parents but this year we decided to have breakfast instead. It was great, we had so much food I didn't think we would ever get it all cooked. We did though and I ate my share without any trouble. We had Bacon, Sausage, Sausage gravy & Biscuits, Home Fries, Eggs, French Toast and if we had more I don't remember what it was. Then for desert we had homemade cookies and other baked goodies. It was during lunch that I had an opportunity to remind our family why it is that we truly have Christmas. It is so easy to get caught up in the holiday happenings that we can easily overlook the true reason for Christmas. While I was in bed last night unable to fall asleep I started thinking about Christmas and compared it to other major holidays. Maybe I am incorrect and if I am please let me know, but I could only think of 1 other holiday that is celebrated worldwide (for the most part). Christmas and Halloween, Christmas was a holiday that when it was started was centered on Christ (or God) and Halloween centers on Satan (or evil). I personally do not think this is a coincidence, but I will not try and explain to you what it means (mostly because I don't know what it means). Well anyway, I reminded my family that we need to not forget about the fact that we are remembering the birth of our Lord and Savior at Christmas time. I reminded them that it isn't wrong to give and receive gifts at this time of year and that it is o.k. to participate in the holiday festivities. I just wanted them to remember that there is more to Christmas than the worlds definition of Christmas.

Merry Christmas for now, I'll write more later and post some images from today's mayhem.

Photoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire