Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bald Eagle



I love shooting wildlife, unfortunately there isn't a lot of wildlife around me so I have to go to the zoo to see real wildlife. I shot this Bald Eagle at the Cincinnati Zoo, I was so excited that he just sat there and didn't fly away or move or something. My dream would be to shoot an image like this of a Bald Eagle living in the wild not in a zoo. I will be happy to shoot the ones in captivity in the meantime. I saw my first Bald Eagle in the wild about a year ago. My family and I were camping in Delaware State Park for a weekend in October 2007. Our reservations for the campsite were up on Sunday but we found out that on Sunday they were having a canoe trip with the naturalist on the lake. I couldn't resist the opportunity and my two oldest daughters wanted to go as well. The three of us spent about 1 hour floating around the lake looking at the various items the naturalist pointed out to us. We had spent most of our time in a cove and the naturalist decided close to the end of our time to head out onto the main body of the lake. We did but we stayed close to the shore as it was quite windy on the water. As we came around a bend the naturalist pointed and said look a Bald Eagle. It was the first time I had ever seen one that was truly wild and free. It was beautiful as it glided over the lake. I only regret that I had decided not to bring my camera for fear of being dumped in the water. Well I hope to see some this summer as I know of several State Parks where Bald Eagles are supposed to live in. Hopefully the next time I write about Bald Eagles I will be able to post a image of one that I shot in the wild.

Photoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire