Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hollywood & Ohio State Parks!

I just finished watching the movie The Shawshank Redemption. It is a wonderful story of redemption. I won't tell you a lot about the movie but if you have not seen it I highly recommend it. I enjoyed it the first time I watched it and I have now seen it 3 times. Recently, I learned that part of the movie was filmed in an Ohio State Historical Park. More to come, after Life........

Photoman














































I'm back and Life is over, so I can spend my time writing this blog. If you haven't figured it out yet, Life is my favorite TV show. I am not sure exactly why I like it so much, but I really enjoy watching it. If you haven't ever watched an episode you should try it. It comes on Wednesday's at 9:00 p.m. eastern time. Or you can go to http://www.nbc.com/Life/video/ and watch it online. They have all of the episodes online. Well let me get back to what I was talking about originally, The Shawshank Redemption. As I said, part of it was filmed on location at Malabar Farm State Historic Landmark. Malabar Farm is a part of the Ohio State Park system, if you are interested you can find out more about it at http://www.malabarfarm.org/index.cfm. A very pivotal scene was filmed at the farm. The first time I watched the movie this scene was the one scene that stood out to me. I didn't know at the time that it was in fact filmed in an Ohio State Park but the scenic beauty of the scene really caught my eye. When I found out that part of the movie was filmed at Malabar Farm, I knew immediately which scene it was, it was my favorite scene. I plan to go back to Malabar Farm this summer and find the exact part of the farm that was used for the scene. I hope it is still as it was when they filmed the movie. I want to try and photograph the scene myself. Malabar Farm and Mohican State Park are attached together and I am not sure where one park starts and the other stops but I want to spend some time there this summer and try to find out. I have been to Mohican State Park many times on camping trips with my family but have not been to Malabar often. I think the very first trip we took to Mohican was the only trip we took time to visit Malabar Farm. We didn't spend a lot of time in the park as we wanted to see as much of Mohican as we could. I didn't know at that time that Shawshank had been filmed there or I would have spent more time at the farm. As a matter of fact I don't think I took any pictures of the farm when we were there. Since I don't have any photos of Malabar I think I will post some photos from Mohican. It is a beautiful park and it is a fun place to take your family camping. I could write another blog on that subject and I think I will some time in the future. For now I think I will leave this blog as is and just find some photos to add to it. You can find out more about the Ohio State Parks by going to

http://www.ohiodnr.com/parks/tabid/80/Default.aspx.

In the one photo you see my two youngest girls who we affectionately refer to as the "Little Ones" and myself of course. We are having fun trying to catch critters in the river. So much fun, you really need to try it. The other photo shows Kelly and one of the "Little Ones" playing cards with Kelly's mom and in the background looking very mischievous is the other "Little One". They are sitting in our pop up camper. I think this was our first trip in the camper. I have also attached a couple of images of unusual trees that














































































I found in the park. I hope this blog has peeked your interest in the Ohio State Parks. I gave you lots of links tonight so you can spend some time looking around the web just don't forget to come back to my blog.



Photoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire