Monday, December 22, 2008

Check out my "Image of the Month" category!

I have added a new category list on the blog. I took the idea from a friends blog. I now have a category called "Image of the Month" where you can see my favorite image for each month. If you choose a month from the list you will be directed to the blog from that month which has my favorite image in it. So check it out and let me know what you think, I only have 2 months in the list so far so be patient. This blog will always be a work in progress so continue to check it out. As I find new and interesting things to add to the blog I will write a post letting you know about them.



Photoman



You didn't think I would let you off that easy, did you? I have to give you something to look at that I think is either cool, beautiful, amazing, intriguing, mesmerizing or well you get the idea. This is a photographers blog so I am obligated by the "Photographers Code of Conduct". I believe if you had a copy of the code, which you don't as it is top secret, you would find it in article 36.8, subset C-II, fpn (fine print note) d. I am pretty sure that is the article for the code my book isn't handy and I am going by memory. All professionally trained photographers are required to memorize the code but few of us remember it all. Enough of that lets get to the subject at hand. The image above is one of my favorite. This image was shot in my dinning room, the flower was a part of an arrangement that we had received for something, I can't remember what. I was just messing around and I put the vase on the floor and turned out the lights and started painting with light. This is one of the results from that session of messing around. I think I just broke another code, a photographer is never to admit that he/she was just messing around when they made a great image. OOPS I hope no other photographers read my blog. If the wrong photographer sees this I could be removed from the photographers guild. This image was shot with a Canon 10d and a 28-135mm IS lens. Focal length 135mm, ISO 1600, SS 1/40th F/5.6 using painting with light technique.

Photoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire