Sunday, December 14, 2008

Miracle on Main Street

Wow only 10 more days until Christmas, have you finished your shopping? I know that I haven't finished mine yet, but I don't usually get finished until Dec. 23rd or 24th. I am used to shopping up until the last minute. It doesn't seem to matter how early I start I never seem to get finished until the last minute.

Enough about that I have another subject to talk about tonight, "Miracle on Main Street" no, I wasn't on Main St. while a miracle happened at least not one that I am aware of. I do however believe that God allows miracles to happen regularly. The Miracle on Main Street that I am referring to is a Christmas Program that I saw tonight at my church. The children's church department put on a play for the church tonight and it was very good.



There were a few adults in the production but for the most part it was just children. I took photos of the program and my daughter brought her point and shoot and took some video as well. I am going to upload some of my images and hopefully some of the video from my daughters camera. The story was about a group of kids who put on a Christmas Pageant each year but the Mayor was up for a re-election and he didn't want any negative publicity so he called the pageant off 1 day before it was supposed to happen. The kids were upset after all their work and they came up with the idea of going Christmas Carolling to all the houses on Main Street and asked the people to contact the Mayor and request he reconsider canceling the pageant.



At each house they went to they were surprised to find that many people view Christmas from different beliefs and perspectives. In the end they had enough support from the community that the Mayor relented and let the pageant go on.



After the pageant he was so moved by the reactions of the community that he actually attended the pageant and was reminded of just what the true meaning of Christmas is, as were all of us in the audience tonight. Let us not forget why the word Christ is in Christmas.



Photoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire