Monday, November 17, 2008

Writing for the sake of writing.

I am writing tonight for practice. I want to keep the desire to write at the forefront of my mind, so I write. The more I write the more I want to write. Today's blog is more of a diary of today than anything else. I didn't feel well this morning, so I didn't go to work today. I still don't feel great tonight but I do feel better, so I probably will go in to work tomorrow. I wasn't alone today my youngest is sick and was home from school today as well. After I got up at 11:30 I fixed the two of us lunch, she had been asking me to make her my famous french fries for a while now, so I made them for us. My wife has recently started back to school and is finding it harder than she had hoped it would be. Since she pretty much goes to class, comes home and studies, takes a break to eat or shower, studies more and then goes to bed. I decided that I should help my wife by washing the dishes, then I got really adventurous and decided to do some of the laundry for her. Now this is normally her favorite thing to do and she won't let anyone else help out. Since she wasn't home I couldn't ask her permission, therefore I decided that she would appreciate some help. Now I didn't attempt to wash the clothes, just the towels and sheets and things that nobody else ever sees. Since we have a young lady staying with us from France we tend to have more dirty towels and sheets than we normally do. I thought this would be a good way of helping out. I haven't looked closely at any of the items that I washed so I hope they turned out all right, if not my wife will be sure to let me know. She at least didn't get upset that I was doing her laundry for her, I did however have to reassure her that I left the clothes for her to do. Now that I am thinking about it, I think I need to go to the laundry room and make sure that the last load of sheets that I washed have been put into the dryer. As soon as I finish this post i will go and check. I had a photography conference scheduled for today that I almost forgot about. On Mondays we usually go to my parents for dinner, today however, my parents also were not feeling well. I decided that it would be a good night for pizza, so I ordered pizza and went and picked it up. When I got back my good friend Earl was here waiting for me to go to the conference. We had time to scarf down a bit of pizza and then we were out the door and on our way to pick up another friend who was attending the conference with us. We arrived at the conference only minutes before it started. The speaker of the conference was Vincent Laforet, he is a photojournalist and his list of clients is quite impressive. You can visit his website at http://www.vincentlaforet.com/ or you can see his blog at http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/ . Sorry, I lost my train of thought, it probably isn't the best idea to try and watch TV while I am trying to write but that is what I am doing. I enjoyed the conference but as usual afterward I realized how far I am from being a true professional photographer. I always feel I am so far behind the learning curve and even more behind the equipment curve. Oh well, no sense it pouting about it, I need to do something to get myself more involved in the profession of photography. I plan to join a photography club next month as a start. I am also still working on a photographic essay book. The book however will take a long time to finish and all that I read is that they rarely turn into money. I don't plan to let that stop me however, I am doing this as a personal goal, not to get rich. Well that is a synopsis of my day today, I hope you didn't get to bored reading this. It's getting late and I need to get to bed so I am done writing for now.

Photoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire