Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm in the mood to write.

I am in the mood to write so I am writing this blog post. I mentioned in my last post that I have finally decided upon a good topic for a photographic essay book. As I said then I am still in the early stages of research. I recently had a small rejection, which took some of the wind out my sails, so to speak. It was disappointing news but I am still working on the book none the less. Yesterday I had an unexpected phone call from a person I had been unsuccessfully trying to make contact with. It was just the thing that I needed to put the wind back into my sails. I explained to this person what it was that I wanted and they were more than willing to help me. I intend to interview this person formally in the near future. Not only is this person the perfect subject for my book but they may be able to put me in contact with others who will be perfect for my book as well. I need to get out there and find a good digital voice recorder so that I can start interviewing my subjects and start compiling a chapter or two of my book. Once I get one or two chapters completed I can start looking for a publisher or a literary agent. I am not sure where this book will take me but I am excited to find out. I am sorry that my last few posts have not had any photos with them but I have been so busy I don't have the time to add them to the post. I gotta go I need to get to bed. unfortunately my book has not been published and therefore I still have to work a day job to pay the bills.

Photoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire