Friday, November 28, 2008

This little light of mine.

I was reminded yesterday of a song that I would sing at church as a child. This little light of mine is the title of this blog and also the title of the song. As I was looking around on my facebook yesterday I saw a friend of mines name and thought I would check her facebook out. I have been wondering how she is doing but have not been to her facebook to see if she has been updating it. I was pleasantly surprised at what I found. Sarah is a recent graduate of Xenia Christian High School and shortly after she graduated she went to Peru to work for a year as a missionary. I had not heard from anyone as to how she was doing and when I saw her on my friend list it reminded me that I did not know what she was up to. She had posted quite a few message up and I was encouraged as I read through them. I was most impressed at her willingness to allow God to work in her life. She shares openly how God is teaching her to be dependent upon Him. She talked about how when she was here she wasn't as open with people about Christ as she is now. She talked about how she is trying to allow God to use her entirely and not holding back any part of herself. She is truly trying to immerse herself in this experience and as a result she is seeing God in a new light. She is not without problems but she is relying on God to work through the problems for her and not trying to fix them on her own. Unfortunately it reminds me of how much I am not relying on God. I have so many areas in my own life that I need to turn over to God 100%, but saying it is so much easier than doing it. I was looking through my photos to try and find something for this blog. As I was looking through my pictures from my most recent missions trip I found these images. It is a reminder to me of the people of France who need our prayers and many of who need to know Christ. I am not sure if the young man with the guitar is a believer or not but he was sitting on the steps of a Catholic Church in Paris. The other 2 images were taken inside the same Catholic Church. If you are reading this I would ask that you pray for my friend Sarah as she is still in Peru and will not return until next summer.
Photoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire