Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I love this image!

















I love this image, so I thought I would post it in my blog and tell you about it. I shot this image 2 years ago at the Xenia Old Fashioned Days Carnival. My 2 oldest children are in the center of the image. I love how you can see the expressions on their faces. I call this image Summer Fun since I am so sick of the cold weather and it has just started, I thought I would warm up my blog with this great summer photo. I love the composition of this image as well as the subjects. I would really like this image even if my own children were not in it. It just makes it that much better knowing that a great image is made even better because of my children. I say children but they are actually 151/2 and 17 years old. Almost to old to be calling them children anymore. I guess no matter how old I get they will always be my children. They are almost young adults now. Ever since we went to California last year to look at a ministry there, my son has been ready to move there. My daughter on the other hand has been against the idea from the beginning. Today however she told her mom that she was ready to move, she said that she doesn't like the cold weather. She is definitely her fathers daughter, I am glad to hear that she has finally come around. My plan is to stay in Ohio until my wife is finished with Nursing School, another 1 to 2 years. Then I plan to move to California or Australia and work for Global Recordings Network as a Missionary Photographer. Well, how we got from "I love this image" to talking about GRN I am not really sure but here we are none the less. So let me change the subject one more time. I think it won't be much longer before I have my website back up and running. I am having it totally redone and I will have to learn how to use it, so it will be a while before I get all the content loaded. The good news is that it shouldn't be much longer before it is at least up with the basic info. Well I got to go it is once again late and I need to get up early and work outside on the coldest day of the year of 2008. Yeah you guessed it, I am so excited I can't hardly wait.

Photoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire