Thursday, November 27, 2008

Abandoned

One of my favorite places or things to photograph is abandoned buildings. I am not sure exactly why, maybe it's the excitement of never knowing what you will discover behind the next closed door. I just find it exhilarating and exciting to go into a building that has not been in use for years. It is interesting to see what kind of things people leave behind. The peeling curling paint on the walls make for some interesting abstract images. Depending on how long the building has been sitting empty will affect the condition of the building. It's an adventure fraught with peril, you have to be very careful when you are entering a dilapidated structure. It can be dangerous as often the buildings are falling apart. The buildings structural integrity is often questionable but this also adds to the adventure. Never knowing if your next step could cause the floor to cave in can be intoxicating. I feel like I am in an Indiana Jones movie when I am walking through the building. Every noise evokes the fear that maybe you are not the only one in the building. To my great relief I have never found anyone else while I was in one of these buildings. I am not sure how many buildings I have been in but each of the images in this article are from different buildings that I have discovered. If you are reading this and you know of some abandoned buildings in the Dayton, Ohio area I would appreciate it if you will let me know about them.


Photoman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire