Sunday, November 23, 2008

Abstruse!

I am posting an abstract image that I found in my collection. I am not sure how to describe my mood at this time and when I was trying to decide what images to post and talk about, I couldn't find anything that really jumped out at me but this abstract image. The more I thought about it, I realized that Abstract is a good description of my mood at the moment. One of the definitions of abstract is "difficult to understand, abstruse" my mood if anything today is difficult to understand. I think it may stem from the tragic news we received this morning at the conclusion of our church service. A teenage girl who had been a part of our church passed away yesterday. She was just 18 years old, she had so much life ahead of her. I feel so bad for her family, I can't begin to understand their pain. If you are reading this and you are a believer would you please stop and pray for this family right now. Please pray for her two younger sisters, they must also be in terrible shock from the pain. As a follower of Christ and a believer in the One True God it is times like these that I ask WHY GOD? Why would you put a family through this? Only He knows why and though it hurts we have to trust Him. It's easy for me to say that as a bystander, I don't think I could say it if it were one of my children. I will leave this blog at that and I will post this abstract image for you to view, but please don't mistake this as me trying to make sense of this tragedy with my image. I am in no way trying to do anything at all but post images that represent me and my mindset at this moment.

Photoman - mourning the loss of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire