Monday, March 9, 2009

Playful Pussy Cat



I promised that I would have a photo from my trip to the Zoo this past weekend, so here you go. It was a great day and the weather was very nice. The animals seemed to be enjoying the weather as much as us humans were. There were many animals outside and many were active. None more active than the lions, the male lion anyway the females were quite lazy. The male was busy playing with a cardboard tube that was in his cage. We could hear him long before we could see him. Everyone thought that we were hearing a recording but I wasn't convinced, it sounded to real to be a recording. When we got to his cage we saw a huge crowd of people standing around and as we started to get a look the crowd started screaming and people started running from the cage. Then those closest to us started laughing, the lion was tired of the people watching him. He had been roaring to get the people away, when they didn't leave he decided he had to try something else. No he didn't break out, he turned around and sprayed pee on everyone who was close by. Lucky for me I wasn't in the line of fire. I was still able to get some good images of him while he was playing with his cardboard toy. I was able to get some very good images of some of the Lizards, I will put some of them up at a later date.
Photoman


No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Tips

Earthbound Light - Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond by Bob Johnson

My favorite photographers in no special order.

  • Walker Evans
  • Todd Kuhns
  • Earl Pitman
  • Elliott Erwitt
  • Evelyn Cameron
  • Ansel Adams

My Favorite Authors in no specific order

  • Terry Goodkind
  • Corrie tenBoom
  • Christopher Paolini
  • Marcus Mullins
  • Frank Peretti
  • J.R.R. Tolkein
  • C.S. Lewis

My favorite books in no specific order

  • The Prayer of Jabez
  • Soda Pop
  • Peter's Wagon
  • Look, Theres a mouse in our house
  • Pippa Mouses House
  • The Hiding Place
  • The Inheretance Series (Eragon, Eldest, ?)
  • the Bible
  • Photographing Montana
  • The Chronicles of Narnia series
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy
  • The Hobbit

Gary's Book Wish List

  • Silence and Solitude by Tom Murphy

What color of socks are more comfortable?

Welcome to Gary's Photo Blog

This is just a little hobby I have started. It is my goal to make a new post each day. Please feel free to sign up as a follower of this blog just below this message. Please check back often to see what I have added.

Thanks for visiting,

Gary - A.K.A. - Photoman

Friends of this blog

Abstract Art

Abstract Art
Clam bake

Muscle Car Madness

Muscle Car Madness
Majenta Fire